Vote for AbleWeb York in the Aviva Community Fund!
We've managed to make it onto the shortlist for the Aviva Community Fund, to win up to £5,000 to support our AbleWeb Creative Community project and we need your help to win! The projects with the most votes in our category will be put through to the final next month when a judging panel will decide who gets the funding.
The Creative Community project is building on the work that the AbleWeb team have done this year in local residential homes, working with older people with dementia to create short memory box films. We've seen the impact this work has on the older people involved and we want to do more of it. If we win the Aviva funding, we'll buy iPads that we'll use to run creative digital sessions and create memory box films with older people in local care homes. We'll also provide training for the care home staff, so they're able to support the older people in using apps on the iPads to get creative and to watch their films.
We need your votes so that AbleWeb can get through to the final! It's easy to vote:
1. Visit the Aviva Community Fund website using the link below and register to vote - you'll be able to vote up to 10 times
2. Search for Accessible Arts & Media in the Browse and Search for Projects section
3. Use the slider to the right of the screen to decide how many of your votes you want to give to our Creative Community project
4. Cast your votes (we'd love it if you could give us all 10 of your votes!)
5. Spread the word and ask your family and friends to support us too