Hands and Voices - Outreach Workshops
- Time: Workshops usually last from 60 - 90 minutes
- Cost: Free and subsidised workshops available
Each of our apprentice-led workshops is co-led by adults who take part in our Hands and Voices choir. They work alongside a professional music leader and an accessible communication specialist to plan, deliver and evaluate the sessions.
Our Hands and Voices apprentices co-lead workshops in:
- Singing and signing
Workshops have been designed to be suitable for a range of settings and participant groups, including:
- Schools (Primary, Secondary and SEND)
- Pre-school settings
- Youth clubs and other youth groups (e.g Scouts, Brownies)
- Music Leaders and Education Professionals (the Hands and Voices apprentices have led workshops at conferences and seminars
- Businesses and Statutory providers (our apprentices have delivered workshops at corporate conferences and team-building days
- Day Centres, Resource Centres and other disabled groups
- Health and Social care professionals Workshops are tailored to suit the group we’re working with. They can focus on any age and a range of abilities and can be adapted to suit individual needs. We can also link into the curriculum for our workshops in schools.
More information on our apprentice-led workshops
For workshop participants, an apprentice-led workshop offers the chance to learn new skills whilst seeing positive disabled role models in action. They’re a great way to promote inclusion and can be a fantastic team building exercise – our apprentices are very skilled at making everyone feel comfortable and confident. And everyone has great fun too!
For our apprentices, planning and delivering workshops give them the chance to:
- Develop skills in communication, leadership, team working and critical thinking
- Share their skills and their passion for music with other people
- Gain understanding and experience of what it means to be professional
- Grow more confident
- Feel motivated and positive about engaging in training and learning
- Make a valued contribution to their local community, leading to improved self-esteem
Thanks to the generous support of our project funders, we're able to offer some free or subsidised apprentice-led workshops to schools and other organisations in and around York.
If you're interested in booking one of our workshops, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 01904 626965.