Sensory programme - Arty Bakers
- Location: Burton Stone Community Centre, York
- Time: Thursdays 1:15pm - 2:45pm
- Cost: £5 (subsidised places available)
Every Arty Baker session has a theme and participants and their support workers take part in cooking and craft activities linked to that theme. Sessions make use of colours, shapes, textiles, tactile fabrics, dough and other foods stuffs that can be appreciated on a multi-sensory level. While the tasty treats are in the oven, we get creative and do arts and crafts!
Attending Arty Bakers helps improve communication, coordination, social and motor skills.
At our weekly sessions, you get the chance to:
- Cook a dish from a different country's cuisine
- Bake cakes, breads and buns and hold a tea party
- Create crafts and artwork linked to that week's theme
- Work individually or as part of a group
- Socialise and have fun