Hands and Voices - Apprentice Training Programme
- Location: Burton Stone Community Centre
- Time: Termly from 5pm - 6:30pm
- Cost: This is included in our £5 session fee
The Apprentice Training Programme is open to adults who take part in our Hands and Voices group. Apprentices take part in training sessions every few weeks and they plan and deliver music workshops for other adults and young people.
Taking part in the Hands and Voices Apprentice Training Programme helps you:
- Develop communication and leadership skills
- Build your confidence
- Develop skills in planning and working as a team
- Get experience of what it means to be professional
- Learn how to plan and deliver a music workshop
More information on the Hands and Voices Apprentice Training Programme
The Hands and Voices apprentices are adults who are members of the Hands and Voices choir. They get together once every half term for a training session, led by professional music leaders. Typical training session activities include:
- Talking about what makes a good workshop
- Learning about how to structure a workshop
- Coming up with warm-up activities
- Practising leading warm-ups, songs, and musical activities
- Learning how to adapt activities for different groups
Some people come to Hands and Voices independently and others come along with a carer or support worker. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your individual support needs.
To find out more you can email us at [email protected] or call us on 01904 626965 for a chat.