Sensory Programme - Crafternoon Tea
- Location: Burton Stone Community Centre, York
- Time: Mondays 1pm - 2:30pm
- Cost: £5 (subsidised places available)
New for 2018, Crafternoon Tea expands on our popular Arty Bakers sessions.
Each week we explore a different creative theme. We bake tasty treats linked to the theme and, while they’re in the oven, we get creative and do arts and crafts! We use colours, shapes, fabrics, dough and other materials that can be explored on a multi-sensory level. Participants and their support workers work together throughout the session.
Attending Crafternoon Tea helps improve communication, coordination, social and motor skills. Participants also learn basic food preparation and cookery skills and get the chance to be creative.
At our weekly sessions, you get the chance to:
· Bake cakes, bread and buns and hold a tea party
· Create crafts and artwork linked to that week's theme
· Work individually or as part of a group
· Socialise and have fun