Sensory Programme - Arty Bakers
- Location: Burton Stone Community Centre, York
- Time: Thursdays 1pm - 2:30pm
- Cost: £5 (subsidised places available)
Every Arty Baker session has a theme and participants and their support workers take part in cooking and craft activities linked to that theme. Sessions make use of colours, shapes, textiles, tactile fabrics, dough and other foods stuffs that can be appreciated on a multi-sensory level. While the tasty treats are in the oven, we get creative and do arts and crafts!
Attending Arty Bakers helps improve communication, coordination, social and motor skills. Participants also learn basic food preparation and cookery skills and get the chance to be creative.
At the weekly sessions, you get the chance to:
- Cook tasty food linked to that week's theme
- Create crafts and artwork linked to that week's theme
- Work individually or as part of a group
- Socialise and have fun