Hands and Voices - Hands and Voices Weekly Sessions
- Location: York High School, Cornlands Road, York YO24 3WZ
- Time: Wednesdays in term time from 7pm - 9pm
- Cost: £6 (subsidised places available)
Hands and Voices meet weekly during term time. Sessions are built around performances the choir are working towards, whether that be a traditional concert or busking in York. The choir has a diverse repertoire of contemporary songs, songs from the shows and classic tracks from across the years. All of which are given the famous Hands and Voices twist.
Taking part in Hands and Voices helps you:
- Learn new musical skills
- Develop social and communication skills, including learning to use simple signs
- Develop skills in team working
- Develop new creative skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Build confidence - making music with other people is a great way to boost confidence
- Meet new people and make new friends
What happens in a typical Hands and Voices session?
Hands and Voices gives you the chance to be in a singing and signing choir. Each week we start off with warm-ups, to help your brain and body get ready for making music and singing. Typical session activities include:
- Learning to sing and sign songs
- Creating new pieces of music
- Using props and costumes to create short drama pieces
- Sensory activities and games
- Writing new songs
- Working towards performances (we do at least two public performances each year)
- Socialising with friends
- Discussing what songs and activities we'd like to do
- Learning how to lead songs and warm-ups
Some people come to Hands and Voices independently and others come along with a carer or support worker. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your individual support needs.
To find out more you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01904 626965 for a chat.