IMPs (Inclusive Music Projects) - Junior IMPs
- Location: Burton Stone Community Centre, York
- Time: Mondays in term time 4:30pm - 5:30pm
- Cost: £5 (subsidised places available)
Who comes to Junior IMPs?
Junior IMPs is for disabled and non-disabled children aged 5 - 10. Siblings and friends are welcome.
Taking part in Junior IMPs helps you:
- Learn new musical skills
- Learn new social and communication skills, including how to use simple signs
- Grow in confidence
- Meet new people and make new friends
What happens in a typical Junior IMPs session?
Typical session activities include:
- Fun warm-ups and musical games, to help your brain and body get ready for making music and singing
- Learning to sing and sign fun songs
- Having fun with instruments and accessible music technology
- Working towards performances (we do at least two public performances each year)
- Writing new songs
- Talking about what you'd like to do in IMPs
You can also work towards an Arts Award qualification.
Some children come to IMPs independently and others come along with a carer or support worker. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your individual support needs.
To find out more you can email us at [email protected] or call us on 01904 626965 for a chat.