IMPs (Inclusive Music Projects) - Junior IMPs After School Clubs
- Location: Primary Schools
- Time: After School Club
- Cost: Please contact us for details
Who are IMPs after school clubs for?
IMPs after school clubs are for all primary aged pupils. Children with additional needs and challenging circumstances are particularly welcomed.
IMPs sessions are led by qualified community musicians and workshop leaders. Our leaders are experienced in working with young people with learning difficulties, physical disabilities, sensory impairments, communication or consciousness disorders including Autism, or a combination of the above.
Taking part in Junior IMPs helps young people:
- Develop new musical, language and literacy skills
- Learn new communication skills, including how to use simple signs
- Grow in confidence
- Develop skills in listening to others and turn-taking
- Recognise and respect differences
- Learn that friends care for and support each other
What happens in a typical Junior IMPs session?
Typical session activities include:
- Lively warm-ups and music/movement games
- Learning to sing and sign simple songs
- Learning to sign basic phrases, such as "My name is..."
To find out more you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01904 626965 for a chat.