IMPs (Inclusive Music Projects) - Senior IMPs
- Location: Foxwood Community Centre, York, YO24 3HY
- Time: Mondays in term time 6pm - 7:30pm
- Cost: £6 (subsidised places available)
Who comes to Senior IMPs?
Senior IMPs is for disabled and non-disabled young people aged 11+ who love making music. Siblings and friends are welcome too.
Taking part in Senior IMPs helps you:
- Learn new musical skills
- Develop social and communication skills, including learning to use simple signs
- Develop skills in team working
- Develop leadership skills (you’ll get the chance to lead songs, warm-ups and music activities and to take part in our Apprentice Training Programme)
- Grow in confidence
- Meet new people and make new friends
What happens in a typical Senior IMPs session?
Senior IMPs gives you the chance to be in a singing and signing choir, try out lots of different instruments and get involved in songwriting and composing new pieces of music. Typical session activities include:
- Warm-ups, to help your brain and body get ready for making music and singing
- Learning to sing and sign songs
- Creating new pieces of music and soundscapes using instruments and music technology
- Writing songs
- Working towards performances (we do at least two public performances each year)
At IMPs you can also work towards an Arts Award qualification and we support young people who are working towards Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
Some young people come to IMPs independently and others come along with a carer or support worker. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your individual support needs.
To find out more you can email us at email@example.com or call us on 01904 626965 for a chat.