iMUSE - iMUSE for Older People
- Location: Currently delivered in residential care homes
- Cost: Please contact us to find out more
iMUSE provides a relaxing and creative space where you can forget the outside world, focus on the present and feel free from anxiety.
iMUSE uses interactive technology to help you experience:
- Relaxation – a vibrating mattress gently massages the body. This calms and focuses the mind, relaxes muscle tone and reduces anxiety and stress.
- Therapeutic Music – you don’t have to have any previous musical experience to make music with iMUSE. Motion sensors detect your movements and turn them into sounds – you can experience favourite instruments in new, creative ways and play or sing along with your favourite songs.
- Creating visuals – a microphone picks up sounds and iMUSE transforms them into beautiful visuals and projects them into the iMUSE space.
Each session lasts for 30 minutes. Our facilitator works with you to find out which sounds, music, and visuals help you to relax and focus. They then use these to personalise your iMUSE experience so it’s tailor-made for you.
Who benefits from iMUSE?
- Anyone who responds to and enjoys music and sound.
- Anyone looking for a creative, interactive or therapeutic activity designed to enhance wellbeing.
- People who experience anxiety, discomfort, and pain.
What benefits can iMUSE bring about?
- Through relaxation and mindfulness, iMUSE can help you control your mood, feel more grounded and make sense of changes in your behaviour.
- iMUSE can help you connect with those around you by helping you to focus and be in control of your thoughts and anxiety levels, making it easier to concentrate/listen and take part in conversations.
- Creating music or visuals can help you express your feelings. As you learn to control the iMUSE space, you become more confident and more creative and playful.
- Taking part in regular iMUSE sessions can help these benefits to build over time.